Monday, August 1, 2011

Spinach, Garlic, & Stove Top Stuffing Stuffed Mushrooms

These are some seriously good mushrooms.
I searched far and wide and looked all over the web to find a good recipe, (before I discovered blogging)
I tried at LEAST 7 different kinds (poor Matt) before I stumbled upon this one.
I have served these mushrooms on three different occasions
and have never received so many compliments! Tiffanie demands these mushrooms anytime 
we throw a party, a dinner date, really any time she can convince me to make them I will.
I got this recipe from KRAFT 
 This is what they are SUPPOSED to look like

These are how mine look like.
I substitute Olive Oil for butter and I use my hands to mold the stuffing on the mushrooms
**note you can stuff A LOT in one mushroom, it will overflow but will be so tasty**

What You Need

1-1/2 cups hot water
1 pkg.  (6 oz.) STOVE TOP Stuffing Mix for Chicken
40 fresh mushrooms (2 lb.)
2 Tbsp.  butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 pkg.  (10 oz.) frozen chopped spinach, thawed, well drained
1 cup KRAFT Shredded Low-Moisture Part-Skim Mozzarella Cheese
1 cup  KRAFT Grated Parmesan Cheese

 

Make It

HEAT oven to 400ºF.
ADD hot water to stuffing mix in large bowl; stir just until moistened. Set aside. Remove stems from mushrooms; chop stems. Melt butter in skillet on medium heat. Add chopped stems and garlic; cook and stir 5 min. or until tender. Add to stuffing with spinach and cheeses; mix well.
SPOON into mushroom caps. Place, filled-sides up, in shallow pan.
BAKE 20 min. or until mushrooms are tender and filling is heated through.

Leftover Stuffing?  

Mushrooms vary in size. Any leftover stuffing mixture can be served as a side dish with baked chicken.

 ALSO

Please Check Out of Facebook Page and "Like" It!!

6 comments:

  1. Mmmm this would even work with a nice big portabello! Good job!!
    Thanks for sharing..

    ReplyDelete
  2. This stuffing sounds fantastic. I have to admit that mushrooms are not my favorite so stuffing them with amazing flavors is a must for me! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I would choose taste rather than look...stuffed mushrooms are always my favourite.

    ReplyDelete
  4. this looks delicious lovely way to have mushrooms

    ReplyDelete
  5. Would love to have this lovely looking plate in one sitting... U have a nice space. Do check out my blog when u fine time
    My culinary Trial room

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love mushrooms and i love them even more stuffed! Your recipe for stuffing looks divine. Perfectly rich and crunchy yet moist! I am in!

    ReplyDelete

thoughts?