Pesto Goat Cheese Dip
My friend Meggie texted me one day and told me
she was eating the most FANTASTIC dip that her Co-worker Joie made
When I asked her what it was I DIED! Who doesn't love Goat Cheese and Pesto??
I asked her to ask Joie for the Recipe
So I now call this FANTASTIC recipe ....
"Joie's Sundried Tomato Pesto Goat Cheese Torte"
- 2 8oz packages of Cream Cheese
- 1 Jar of Sun dried Tomato paste ( found in the produce aisle at publix... I once could not find it anywhere and just took sun dried tomatoes and threw them in the food processor)
- 1 Small jar pesto sauce ( I make mine from the packets and let it thicken I think it tastes better than the jar, but it is easier already made)
- 1 8oz package of Goat Cheese (usually they only have 4 oz and 12oz just get two 4oz)
- Line a spring form pan or bowl with cling wrap so that you can remove the mold once it is done
- ** I do not do this I just put it already in the bowl I am going to serve it with. Anything clear will work best so you can see the colors**
- Let cheese's get to room temperature and mix the goat cheese and the cream cheese
- Put half of the cheese mixture in the bowl and pat it down smooth
- Put a layer of pesto on top of the layer you just did, and cover the pesto layer with the other half of the cream cheese.
- Then refrigerate for at LEAST one hour before serving add the sundried tomato paste!
TIPS*I put some extra pesto on the bottom of the bowl or pan
*I also add the sundried tomato paste before I put in the refrigerator
*You can also cut this recipe in half and just use 1 8oz cream cheese and 1 4oz goat cheese
*Serve with Crackers of your choice. I usually do a french bread baguette or water crackers